General Terms And Agreements
This policy is written and valid in English (US) only. Date of last revision: January 22nd 2017
By using or accessing any of the Artship website(s) you agree to this policy in its entirety.
- Artship is a marketplace and crowdfunding platform for artists to sell and manage their products. Artship owns the rights to the Artship's website, the logo, the name and the concept. For the purpose of this policy, the website can also be referred to as Artship.
- Course. Courses are organized, promoted for and taught in different locations. Artship offers art courses for all target groups. A course exists out of one or more classes.
- Class. A class is a one-time event in a course. Workshops and Masterclasses are a kind of class. A class is always part of a course.
- Space. Spaces are where courses are held. Space locations are subject to change.
- Partner. Partners are certified organizations offering classes and events in collaboration, and under the name and concept of Artship.
- Participant. Participants are individuals who partake in course(s) and/or individuals who use the website. Participants may obtain a temporary artist status in addition to their participant status.
- Artist. Artists are participants who are responsible for delivery of a course or product to other participants with the goal being, but not limited to, providing artistic creation and participation.
- Teacher. Teachers are artists responsible for delivering a course.
- Store credit. Store credit is a virtual representation of store credit. Store credit can be earned by teaching classes, or added with a payment method via the website.
- Wallet. A wallet is a virtual place to keep store credit until it is being used. Store credit added to the wallet is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Payment. Payment for a course by means of store credit taken from the participant's wallet, paid via the website or in the space.
- Profile. Profiles are digital representations of the participants created by a participant and connected to his account. Profiles are open to the public.
- Account. An account is created by a participant by registering with Artship. Accounts allow participants to view and manage: store credit earned, teaching schedules, invoices, profile and other elements of Artship.
Registration and Account
Participants agree to the following:
- You will provide real names and true information, none of which is false. All information provided is accurate and up to date. You cannot and will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You will not create more than one profile. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling space on the profile). You will not use Artship without parental consultation if you're under the age of 16 years. You will not participate in Artship if you are prosecuted or convicted for sexually oriented offenses. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- " You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission. You agree that all the information you provide on your profile is open to the public domain.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos, you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on or in connection with Artship. This license ends when you delete your content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you publish content or information on your profile, it means that you are allowing the public, including people not associated with Artship, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Artship. By giving feedback you explicitly grant to Artship the right to use your feedback with any compensation.
- You will not post content on your or other participants' profile or take any action that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Artship. You will not collect other participants' content or information, or otherwise access Artship, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any participant online or in person. You will not communicate in a manner which is hateful, threatening, or pornographic towards other participants, incites violence, or contains nudity or violence. You will not use Artship to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Artship, such as a denial of service attack. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- Artship does not sell any personal information to any third parties. We do reserve the right to disclose participant information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other participants, or anyone else that could be harmed by those activities. This includes our right to exchange information with other organizations in order to protect against fraud and to reduce credit risk. We also reserve the right to disclose participant information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. Participant information is generally one of the business assets involved in the sale of a business. In the event that Artship or all of its assets were acquired, customer information would be one of the transferred assets.
- We collect different participants' data for internal processes and improvement of the Artship experience. We save registration information as first name, surname, email address, birthday, profile photo, gender. We collect information you choose to share such as when you post a status update, upload a photo, or comment on a friend's story. It also includes the information you choose to share when you communicate with us, such as when you contact us using an email address, or when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, like a class or teacher or add a review.
Your name, profile pictures, cover photos, gender, networks, username and User ID are treated just like information you choose to make public. Your birthday allows us to do things like show you age-appropriate content and match you with other participants.
- We also put together data from the information we already have about you, your friends, and others, so we can offer and suggest a variety of services and features. For example, we may make friend suggestions, pick stories for your News Feed, or suggest people to tag in photos. We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example, tell you and your friends about people or events nearby, or offer deals to you in which you might be interested. We may also put together data about you to serve you content that might be more relevant to you.
All profile information is only visible for other participants with an account unless you choose to make it publicly accessible for everyone.
In order to participate in Artship
- By attending courses
- One must pay for the course or each class attended in the form of store credit or monetary payment by reserving prior to attending class online or in the space.
- Participants may warm up in the space before class under the prerequisite not to disturb and/or distract other participants or the teacher.
- Participants who are obviously not up to the level of the class may be asked to leave class. They may get a store credit refund after contacting Artship.
- Participants are obligated to wear course appropriate clothes.
- Cell phones and other mobile devices must be switched of or in airplane mode.
- Food and drinks are prohibited in the space if not explicitly declared otherwise.
- Body cream and oils or hair products that participants use may remain on the space floor after one has been doing floor work. You may make the floor slippery for the participants in the subsequent classes. If you use these products, cover yourself appropriately so that they do not have contact with the floor.
- Participants are asked to follow the instructions of Artship staff, partner staff, space staff, and artists at all times. Not doing so can result in refusal to class, the course, or banning from Artship.
- Artship reserves the right to reject persons from attending classes and courses without reimbursement in particular cases, for example tardiness, violation of the policy.
- As an artist
- One must request to teach first by finishing the "Become a Partner Artist" registration. Artship reserves the right to refuse any request or take away the artist or teacher status at any time. Only after Artship confirms a request with an email confirmation, the following duties and rights apply to the participant and he/she temporarily changes status to "artist".
- As a teacher
- One was educated and/or work professionally in the field you teach in.
- Artship is conscious about the beginner status of some of its teachers. We do expect teachers though to give their best in any given course.
- The teacher has to be at the location of that day at least 15 minutes prior to the start of his/her class. The teacher has to make sure in advance that he/she has informed him/herself online or in person about specialities of the space like kind of floor, size of space, available music installation, and everything which could affect the given class or course and the performance of the participants and teacher during the class. The teacher has to apply the collected information to prepare herself/himself and react properly to the information gathered to make sure the class won't be affected by any circumstance which could have been avoided.
- Before and during class, the teacher follows the guide and instructions which are sent to him by mail and any information given on the website. The teacher frees himself of any rights of ignorance against or with Artship or the space.
- Artship offers teachers to pay out their store credit. Artship keeps the right to refuse pay out if Artship thinks that the teacher has violated the Artship terms and conditions in any shape or form. In case of monetary payment, teachers need to comply with all relevant and applicable tax law(s). Teachers need to provide all required documentation before any payment can be made.
- Copyright of taught material remains with the teacher in all cases and at all times.
- Assumption of Risk
- The participant agrees that the activity in a course may include aerobic exercise, anaerobic exercise, resistance exercise and stretching. The participant realizes that participation in these activities involves the risk of injury and even the possibility of death. Furthermore, the participant confirms that he/she is voluntarily engaging in these activities. The participant chooses the level personal physical engagement and/or risk and is solely responsible for its possible repercussions. The participant agrees that Artship can in no way be held responsible for any damage, injury or fatality.
Payment, Taxes, and Refund Policy
- Artship accepts the following forms of payment: credit and debit cards, payments through direct debit via your bank account. If a credit or debit card or direct debit is being used for a transaction, Artship may obtain pre-approval for an amount up to the amount of the order. Billing occurs at the time of or up to 10 days after your transaction. Your order may be authorised and billed in increments during one purchasing session, so it may appear as multiple orders on your statement.
- Purchase of a subscription will result in automatic recurring transactions with your chosen payment method until cancelled following the cancellation rules of the course or product.
- You agree that you will pay for all products you purchase through Artship and that Artship may charge your credit or debit card or bank account for any products purchased and for any additional amounts (including any taxes and late fees, as applicable) that may be accrued by or in connection with your account. You are responsible for the timely payment of all fees and for providing Artship with a valid credit or debit card or bank account details for payment of all fees. All fees will be billed to the credit or debit card or bank account you designate during the payment registration process. If you want to designate a different credit or debit card or if there is a change in your credit or debit card or bank account status, you must change your information online in the Account Information section of Artship; this may temporarily disrupt your access to our services while Artship verifies your new payment information.
- Your total price will include the price of the product plus any applicable VAT/BTW (in effect on the day of purchase).
- You have the right to withdraw from your transaction without charge and without giving any reason until crediting of the product has happened or up to 14 days after the purchase. You will not have a right to cancel your contract once the services commence.
- Until a purchase is made, we reserve the right to change prices for products offered at any time, and we do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering subsequent to purchase.
- If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, your exclusive and sole remedy is either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by Artship.
- 1-Click-Payment is a convenient feature that allows you to make a purchase from Artship with a single click of your mouse or other input device. When accessing Artship on any device, 1-Click-Payment purchasing is activated by setting up a payment method by default. When 1-Click-Payment is activated, clicking or tapping the Buy or Pay Now button starts the flow of crediting immediately and completes your transaction without any further steps.
- Artship preserves the right to cancel classes or courses when there are too few reservations or under not foreseen circumstances, in which case Artship will add the paid store credit back to the participants' wallet to use for another product or course.
- Grievance is handled confidentially and discussed with the management. If needed, the franchise managers can be consulted or even the advisory board. Depending on the nature of the complaint, Arthsip can consider taking further steps. If necessary, we will refer the complaint within four weeks to an objective third party.
Mr. Birgitte D. Peters (Phone +31 (0)6 22 55 04 16), independent intermediary and legal business mediator, can be consulted for an appeal, her verdict will be binding. The case will then be settled within four weeks. In case the complaint requires further investigation, the participant will be informed about the terms and reasons. Artship will archive complaints for one year.
- Complaints can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to these terms